Why are we here ..... ×

Incorrect/Insufficent/Misleading Excess Recording on Level 3 for Quote Engine Products. Please read my comments below the questions first.Thanks

Philr

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did you realise the Excess Recording was so out of date

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. Do you think the data on the level 3 should be accurate

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Should The Level 3 show seperate fields for all policy excesses

• YES
    • NO
  4. 4. Would you like to see seperate fields for VOL and Comp AD Excesses

• YES
    • NO
  5. 5. Would you like to see seperate fields for VOL and Comp Fire Excesses

• YES
    • NO
  6. 6. Would you like to see seperate fields for VOL and Comp Theft Excesses

• YES
    • NO
  7. 7. Would you like to see seperate fields for Windscreen Excesses

• YES
    • NO
  8. 8. Would you like to see similar on Home Policies, eg seperate Water Damage Excesses

• YES
    • NO
  9. 9. Do you think teh Level 3 screen should accurately represent excesses on the policy

• YES
    • NO
  10. 10. Is this functionality needed in APM as well, so accurate letters can be generated

• YES
    • NO
  11. 11. Taking all these into account, do you vote for an urgent system change/review

• YES
    • NO

Question

How many of you personal lines brokers, big or small, find that the level three excess recording details are not very good.

The level three CF frame for example that is used in private car, has 2 fields, Vol xs and Comp xs, these have been the same 2 fields that have existed since 1990 when I started using the system. It was fine back in 1990, when all excesses were AD, as there were no Fire and Theft excesses, no malicious damage excesses, no windscreen excesses !.

But times change, and the Level 3 has not been developed accordingly.

There is of course the QXS frame that comes out of the quote engine and writes back to brooms when you process a policy, but this is not keyworded, and does not change if the policy changes during the year, and it does not exist in APM at all, so that is a complete waste of time.

If any of you brokers have EDI EXCESS OVER RIDE, then did you know that when you over ride the excess in EDI , then this excess is not written back to the brooms level 3, it actually records what was originally in the quote engine.

All in all in my opinion it is a complete out of date mess.

This has been raised at a meeting with OGI, and we URGENTLY NEED YOUR FEEDBACK.

Please complete the questions.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I completely support this updating of the system frames.  

Especially important is the issue Phil raised about the Excess Override not being correctly carried over to Brooms.  This is an issue which I raised when we first starting using excess override but at the time was told it couldn't be done.  I know that means it can be done but obviously isn't simple programming.

We've been using a workaround which involved an unused field on the level 2 being used to record the excess (as ours are the same for AD & FT) but it's user dependent and life would be so much easier (and accurate) if the system did it for us.

We also have an insurer who applies a Compulsory excess but because for their own rating it applies a discount (God know's why they bother doing that instead of reducing the base premium!), so we have no compulsory excess but do have a voluntary one.  For letters, it's a pain because a customer will ask for it to be removed when it can't be so I've had to put a overly complex set of keywords to pick up which insurer it is before using excesses!

Come on OGI, you could wait for the rest of the User Group to jump on this band wagon, or you could just act on Phil's idea, I know what I'd prefer!!

Well done Phil for starting this.

Agree that the Level 3 frames are completely out of date for both motor and household, and as Phil says, have been for a number of years.

We have a 'workaround' for this and it involves an additional level 3 frame for both motor and household, but it is not ideal as our members of staff have to manually input the F&T excesses on motor and EOW excesses on household. This occasionally gets missed off and then does not pull through to the openword letters.

Open GI need to update the L3 frames so it picks up these excesses automatically.......................

I fully support the feeling that OpenGi need to look long and hard at the Level 3 frames for all the "writer" products.   At the end of the day this is a Broker system and it is not currently recording the data in a way which is user-friendly for brokers and their staff.    This is a point we have already raised with OpenGi, but in order to convince them that changes are required we need feedback from every system user- we need to demonstrate clearly that brokers want the Level 3's changed.   We know it will mean work for them, but the system must do what we brokers want.

So come on, encourage everyone to take part in this debate.

Thanks.

Stewart Hunter

National Chairman

OpenGi User Group   

We only started using MotorWriter last year and I had to build several new frames and setup docs with extended code to get the information we needed correct. All the level three frames look dated and in need of a complete rebuild to my eyes but we are moving away from MotorWriter soon to a web solution for which I will build bespoke frames on Open GI for the data to populate for MI/Accounting.