PHG

Chaser Letters Sequence

Question

HI

we have just moved from SSP M3 to OGI

on M3 we had what was called action list ie a sequence of letters used to chase outstanding money or renewal reminders going out 21, 14 ,7 days prior to renew reminding the customer to renew and one on renewal date saying policy lapsed due to none payment.

in M3 you set the date of the first letter the rest  came out automatically when we ran the action list each day then you check to make sure payment had not come in that morning before posting the letter.

I have asked OGI help desk and they are not aware if the OGI system can do such a thing, i'm  not convinced by the reply.

we have talked to some OGI brokers who are telling us they are using manual diaries for renewals etc which seems to many steps backwards rather than forward

we are also having trouble understanding how the diary works as this also seems to be a long winded process compared to the old M3 diary system

can anyone help us out please

Regards

Paul 

2 answers to this question

Hi Paul

Just to confirm what to do and where to find it...

Menu 4 (Core Maintenance, was Brooms Maintenance for those without the newer Core updates).

Choose "Chaser Sequence Maintenance"

In there are all the options you'll need but to get you started pick "Create Sequence".  In the next box, choose a code (up to 4 characters) whihc will specify the purpose of the chaser sequence, sor "RD" for example.

The next screen lets you choose the sequenced letter and how long to give each one a diary period for.  You can choose up to 10 chasers (do not pick the first letter in the sequence though).

Once this is done, the user will choose the chaser sequence when creating the initial letter.  Chasers are generated from the Diary or Letter Generation menu (menu 3).

Hope this all helps.

Hi Paul

Marc has it nailed in his reply - it's pretty straightforward so hope you can work it out from there.

On-line guides reference is here 

More concerning that OGI Support couldn't help - Tsk Tsk. Possibly the case of them not understanding the question maybe?

Similar operation to SSP I'm told. Aggy's hot tips are

• Do "NOT" put the chasers in the diary as well - as you then have to action twice - pointless if you are supposed to be "automating" the sequence.
  • The last document needs a diary action entry however, so that you can take whatever "action" is needed on the record (Lapse, call etc etc)
  • Keep it simple and do a few test runs on a test client
  • Dont forget to close of the diary if you no longer want to send the chaser letters out!

Good luck - I'm sure you will be pleased with your results

Oh - and if you have any other feedback on SSP (good and not so good) I'm sure others would be interested too 

Thanks for your post!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Thanks @John Tasker   Bet that took some narrowing down   So - is that to do with the rendering process in OPM do you think - re order / time taken to render? Either way - good spot - and you may want to pass to OGI for a few $$££€€     (Hope you are well!)
    • I have solved this myself so I'll update this forum in case anybody else has the same issue and is looking for a fix.   On our print server, selected printer properties for the printer in question. Advanced >  Un-ticked the "print spooled documents first" and changed the spool settings to "start printing after last page is spooled".  
    • I doubt it - and I doubt anyone ever will - until someone comes a-hunting - or an-auditing  
    • Hi @Val interesting question    The bottom line is that in the OGI accounts system it is 99% impossible to have an incorrect entry - unless the system crashes in the middle of and accounts process - or there is a genuine system fault introduced (rare). Even then - it resets itself at Month End - with a Ledger Discrepancy. So. Unless youi have had a Month End discrepancy somewhere in the process the "correct" changes have been made to the journals / ledgers - although the result means an incorrect balance on the client in question. Just go and use that entry to offset against your clients record   The real reason why this is sometimes difficult to fix however, is that on OGI, you can delete transactions - and not leave an on screen trace that they were ever there. So. The balancing adjustment may have been against a transaction that is no longer on screen / on the ledger. This is why Batch Calcs may not work in this case - because it wont be there - let alone I suspect you wont have that software and as above, can be tricky to code up.   If you are not happy with just writing this off to fees (by creating a charge / negative charge) to balance the client account (which is what I would do), then you only have one other option - you need to find the original items - which will be a pain.   Either  Check the setting in Premium Finance which uses a "dummy" client account for offsetting errors Check the settings file and have a look at those records first If no joy, go through every cashbook since raising the original transaction and find ALL entries relating to the original record and / or dummy record It will be there - you just have to find it If you have and can use InfoCentre - that makes life easier - otherwise its a manual traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl.   Overall a bit disappointed - but not surprised - that OGI wont help. It's their Finance software after all - and they know how it would write off balances - and where / which ledger account it goes to and how to quickly fix - if they could be bothered. Poor show really ....   Anyway - Good luck and hope this helps   M    
    • Thanks Pete. The guys go into OPM where there is an ODC print queue for each day of the month. They select the date in question, then right click on the branch, Print and then Print. The default printer has already been set in the Open printer Selector so nothing to change or set in there.  They do each branch in turn. Attached refers.