Jump to content
Why are we here ..... Read more... ×
Andyk

OGI Consent Frame Costs

Recommended Posts

Re the new GDPR frame   -   are all OPEN GI users being asked to pay £1,000   (+  £300. per year annual licence fee  )  to obtain this facility    ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy. 

 

No - I believe as always its negotiable. So you can spend 2 man days over the next few weeks / months discussing and making a case - and then OGI will go through their internal sign off process and numerous signatories for a couple of weeks. Then with luck you can probably get it with a discount. Go for it and let us know the "price for today" deal. 

 

Option 2 is you can build the frame yourself if you have the skills and time and knowledge - which I know you do!

 

Option 3 - you can get the same functionality delivered for about 87% of the 3yr TCO  list price + consent reports + consent documentation + workflow set-up for capture + cross check code to keep data in line - if you know the right people....

 

It is what it is - and there is a cost to any delivery. Supply and demand wins as always - and I'm sure there will be a level of demand at £2,280 (3yr TCO) from OGI. For the other 90% of the user base, maybe they could start with the User Group

 

Click for more details on GDPR Consent Tracking in OGI - Limited availability!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the demo for the frame today, I could knock one up myself in less than two hours lol.

Edited by karl
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STOP PRESS GUYS!!

 

Always good to get the latest position and full story from the horses mouth so to speak and get the correct version (and the most up to date version) of the truth.

 

Registrations are now "open"  for Open GIs Consent Page Webinar - it's all over Social Media. It will be an Open G-eye opener.

 

So - register and attend on the day and make sure you get the full 3yr TCO numbers for real. While you are there - check what report output is being delivered in the standard price / package so you can analyse your customers preferences once you've got all that data collected. We would love to hear your views and feedback on this latest offering from Open GI - it looks amazing - what's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/02/2018 at 18:26, aggy said:

STOP PRESS GUYS!!

 

Always good to get the latest position and full story from the horses mouth so to speak and get the correct version (and the most up to date version) of the truth.

 

Registrations are now "open"  for Open GIs Consent Page Webinar - it's all over Social Media. It will be an Open G-eye opener.

 

So - register and attend on the day and make sure you get the full 3yr TCO numbers for real. While you are there - check what report output is being delivered in the standard price / package so you can analyse your customers preferences once you've got all that data collected. We would love to hear your views and feedback on this latest offering from Open GI - it looks amazing - what's not to like?

Like I said, saw it on Monday. It is a basic data capture frame (with a little validation) anyone with scheme toolkit could replicate in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Karl - yep it's pretty straight forward as you say. There's also lots more to do though - even once you have the £2.3k "frame". 

 

Speaking with a few brokers, they are looking for ease of data entry, methods to track uptake, best workflow practice, report output and data refresh cycle management. I know there is some info from OGI  - and every broker needs to qualify exactly what they are getting for their money. As always - it's best to see it with their own eyes and ask the right questions for their own business so they can make an informed choice - to either 

  • Take up the offer - because it gives them everything they need at an acceptable TCO
  • Build it themselves and try to understand all the peripheral changes required to make it work or
  • Save 87% of the OGI price and go elsewhere using expert advice and delivery of a full solution

The User Group can also assist - although ultimately it would be a self build. A lot of brokers will be happy with that option too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2018 at 18:40, karl said:

I saw the demo for the frame today, I could knock one up myself in less than two hours lol.

Sorry Karl - wasn't suggesting a "better" version of the truth was available from OGI - just suggesting people can get the full story and pricing from Open GI. Their webinar will be a great opportunity to see this in the flesh - and the value for money in the proposition. X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just wondered if you can assist.  I have managed to knock up the GDPR frame, do you know how I insert this to my workflow in prospect?  We have one like this already but our Open GI trainer set that up.  Thanks in advance if you can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stuart - this depends on what your workflow currently is and, where you want this to be in the workflow - i.e. before quote / after quote / on first contact etc. As always (good thing!) OGI have lots of options (bad thing?). Happy to have a call if it will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

We would like it after the quote, when we are converting it to make it live.

 

Like i say at the minute we have a frame that appears in our workflow following the quote but I can not see the settings which make this happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stuart - then you will want to use either Option 13 or Option 17 in the Prospect Control set-up on the Prospect menu where you can set the screen to appear. Not sure that's the best workflow - as this just saves the preference detail as part of the risk - when you may really want to save client preferences as part of the client detail screens. 

 

There are other options too, if you have Toolkit solutions but hope the above helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mark Sollis said:

when you may really want to save client preferences as part of the client detail screens. 

 

How do we do this? Can we attach the frame to the client detail screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK - Have a look at Options 83 and 85 in Prospect Control. Again some options - particularly when you get to the live record - but you should be able to set this up to work as you need. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark, that has brought the frame across now in the clients details screen now for a new prospect.  Is there a way that the frame can be added to every clients details screen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - there's no automated way to do this - unless you have additional software from OGI already installed. 

 

Given you have to complete the detail following contact and consent discussions with each customer, there is little point in adding it globally anyway as it still needs to be updated case by case - at a given touch-point. Better to build the "adding and completion" of this frame into your MTA / Renewal processes and track update and completion via reporting methods from the system to ensure you are on target.

 

If this is a "valuable" exercise for your business and you want to promote completion of your "consent" data frame, then why not have a monthly award / voucher based on percentage of data completed per agent / operator?

 

Either way - likely this will take 12 months to capture all the detail - unless you are planning a big bang mass marketing / contact / telesales campaign to every customer you have - as long as they have consented to such contact in the first place .... see ICO Fines here for current practice - pre GDPR :o :wacko:

 

Hope that helps!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2018 at 12:42, Mark Sollis said:

Hi - there's no automated way to do this - unless you have additional software from OGI already installed. 

 

Given you have to complete the detail following contact and consent discussions with each customer, there is little point in adding it globally anyway as it still needs to be updated case by case - at a given touch-point. Better to build the "adding and completion" of this frame into your MTA / Renewal processes and track update and completion via reporting methods from the system to ensure you are on target.

 

If this is a "valuable" exercise for your business and you want to promote completion of your "consent" data frame, then why not have a monthly award / voucher based on percentage of data completed per agent / operator?

 

Either way - likely this will take 12 months to capture all the detail - unless you are planning a big bang mass marketing / contact / telesales campaign to every customer you have - as long as they have consented to such contact in the first place .... see ICO Fines here for current practice - pre GDPR :o :wacko:

 

Hope that helps!

Love the monthly reward idea for getting consent for existing clients. Now to add a hidden operator field to my frame......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Posts

    • Complete the poll above and let us know your initial thoughts on Mobius
    • Hi Debra   I've not come across any corruption issues before - so can't give any specific answers. This sort of thing may happen for lots of reasons - none of which easy to pin down:- security settings / version differences (OpenAttach / Scan software / PC Windows or Operating system Vs / Adobe / Java etc etc). You really need to be able to pin down when / for whom this happens - as I suspect it will be not across all machines all the time and get to the problem once you know where it is. Tricky indeed ...   You don't mention "how" the PDF gets to OpenAttach - is it copied / dragged / Imported as all may have an impact. Also - would be good to know "when" it gets corrupted. That means everyone checking post allocation that you can read it - which is painful I know - but it may be corrupted BEFORE it even hits OpeanAttach - all part of the investigation process I'm afraid.    OpenAttach has never been the fastest tool to retrieve documents - but should be usable. Areas to look at here are the file sizes being generated by your scan stations (any more than a few hundred k will be an issue and a waste of space. Secondly folder sizes and volume of documents. OA has to read the whole directory before displaying the list - and that can take time with a few hundred in a folder. Finally -  it may just come down to the OA server set-up. (i) Are they stored on the OGI server or a dedicated Windows server (ii) if the latter - is it a DEDICATED server - or is it doing other things as well (iii) is the server physically located in your office - or remote?   Intermittent problems are always hard to track down the root cause - but the speed may be more easily investigated as above   If all else fails - it's back to OGI I'm afraid - they should spot the issues ...... eventually 🙊   Meanwhile - let me know any more info around the above and happy to help further if I can   M
    • I am wondering whether any other Open Attach users are experiencing problems when they retrieve scanned files that have been imported into Open Attach.  We have had several instances where a PDF document has been retrieved from Open Attach only to find it won't open as it has become corrupt.  Initially we reviewed our scanning and importing process, however, this is fine and documents stored in other locations do not seem to present a problem.   In addition documents can become very unresponsive when accessing them via Open Attach and again I would be interested to find out whether other users are having similar experiences.   Any feedback would be appreciated.
    • Hi Mark,   Thanks for your reply. Everyone must be busy reading hundreds of pages of legislation!    We’re just finalising our procedures now. Good advice has been hard to find. Even the data privacy lawyers are reluctant. I have documented the phone call with the ICO so if we’re doing something wrong we can say they told us to (that was the compliance consultant’s advice).    Thanks,   Lisa
    • Hi Lisa - thanks for the question   Looks like this has not gained much response !! Always a tricky area   I'm no compliance advisor - so you will need to take better advice. However as a minimum (DPA or GDPR ) you have to prove you have a lawful basis - and that you have a process for those wishing to opt out - even if there are consequences given you are holding their Insurance   And when you are no longer holding their (current) policy - then what? What is your documented process for removal of their data you no longer "need"? How can they access it? How can they port it elsewhere?   Maybe someone can give a more lucid / generic answer from the coalface - but you really need to take good advice from a good source.   Are you a network member and / or do you have a compliance point of reference (other than ICO)?
×