null.gif   null.gif
null.gif
User-Group-New-Header.jpg
null.gif
null.gif
null.gif

December 2018

Welcome to Issue No.40

First off, let's start by acknowledging what a great year it has been for the User Group.  We've improved again our relationship with the key operators within Open GI and at the same time been able to make a real difference to our Members.

Our recent AGM saw us welcome in a new Vice-Chairman, Tracey Filtness of Coast Insurance.  Tracey has been on the Committee for a number of years already and her knowledge, experience and cool head under pressure will really benefit the Executive.  Full details of your Committee can be found in this Newsletter should you ever want to contact us directly!

The AGM was tied into this year's Members Day which I feel was the most successful one I've been involved in so far.  Hat's off to the long suffering Barbara Pena, who once again pulled the rabbit out of the hat and chose the perfect venue for the event.  There's a recap of the day in the Newsletter, so check out what made this event so special.

Also, take a moment to see the benefits of Membership, with exclusive discounts from the Open GI Sales Team.  Maybe now is the time to upgrade your system and get some advice from other Users on our Forum.  That's just another great reason to sign up for Forum Access, here.

So, grab a coffee and take 5 minutes to see why being a User Group Member is so important and remember, we're here for you. 

Marc Pons-Burt - National Chairman

null.gif

Committee Meeting Highlights - October 2018

The Open GI User Group Committee met with Open GI Limited on the 9th October, 2018, for one of their quarterly meetings to exchange feedback and raise issues and queries.  A summary of the Minutes has been produced for your information.

Find out more

Committee Meeting Highlights - October 2018
null.gif
null.gif
null.gif
null.gif
AGM & Members Day held at Reading
null.gif

AGM & Members Day held at Reading

The User Group held its 2018 AGM & Members Day on 10th October.  Guest Speaker was Jason Wheelhouse, Sales Director, Open GI Limited.

Click here to Find out more

AGM  2018
null.gif

AGM 2018

We invite you to read the minutes of our 2018 AGM held on 10th October, 2018 at The Hilton Reading Hotel. 

Find out more

Committee Members 2018 / 2019
null.gif

Committee Members 2018 / 2019

Click here for a List of Committee Members

2019 Membership Benefits
null.gif

2019 Membership Benefits

Discounts for selected Open Gi software have been extended to 31st December, 2019.

Click here to Find out more

null.gif

Open GI User Group Open User Group

null.gif
null.gif
User-Group-New-Footer-2.jpg
null.gif
null.gif The views and opinions expressed in this email may not represent the views
and opinions of the Open GI User Group and are made without prejudice and
subject to contract. Although this message and any attachments are believed
to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer
system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted
by the Open GI User Group for any loss or damage in any way arising from its
use.

The information contained in this message is correct at the time of going to
press. Any action taken as a result of the information should be checked
with the sender before taking action.
null.gif
null.gif   null.gif
null.gif   null.gif
null.gif   null.gif
null.gif Powered by Enabler null.gif
null.gif   null.gif

trkr.cfm?chid=10699533

• Thanks @John Tasker   Bet that took some narrowing down   So - is that to do with the rendering process in OPM do you think - re order / time taken to render? Either way - good spot - and you may want to pass to OGI for a few $$££€€     (Hope you are well!)
    • I have solved this myself so I'll update this forum in case anybody else has the same issue and is looking for a fix.   On our print server, selected printer properties for the printer in question. Advanced >  Un-ticked the "print spooled documents first" and changed the spool settings to "start printing after last page is spooled".  
    • I doubt it - and I doubt anyone ever will - until someone comes a-hunting - or an-auditing  
    • Hi @Val interesting question    The bottom line is that in the OGI accounts system it is 99% impossible to have an incorrect entry - unless the system crashes in the middle of and accounts process - or there is a genuine system fault introduced (rare). Even then - it resets itself at Month End - with a Ledger Discrepancy. So. Unless youi have had a Month End discrepancy somewhere in the process the "correct" changes have been made to the journals / ledgers - although the result means an incorrect balance on the client in question. Just go and use that entry to offset against your clients record   The real reason why this is sometimes difficult to fix however, is that on OGI, you can delete transactions - and not leave an on screen trace that they were ever there. So. The balancing adjustment may have been against a transaction that is no longer on screen / on the ledger. This is why Batch Calcs may not work in this case - because it wont be there - let alone I suspect you wont have that software and as above, can be tricky to code up.   If you are not happy with just writing this off to fees (by creating a charge / negative charge) to balance the client account (which is what I would do), then you only have one other option - you need to find the original items - which will be a pain.   Either  Check the setting in Premium Finance which uses a "dummy" client account for offsetting errors Check the settings file and have a look at those records first If no joy, go through every cashbook since raising the original transaction and find ALL entries relating to the original record and / or dummy record It will be there - you just have to find it If you have and can use InfoCentre - that makes life easier - otherwise its a manual traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl.   Overall a bit disappointed - but not surprised - that OGI wont help. It's their Finance software after all - and they know how it would write off balances - and where / which ledger account it goes to and how to quickly fix - if they could be bothered. Poor show really ....   Anyway - Good luck and hope this helps   M    
    • Thanks Pete. The guys go into OPM where there is an ODC print queue for each day of the month. They select the date in question, then right click on the branch, Print and then Print. The default printer has already been set in the Open printer Selector so nothing to change or set in there.  They do each branch in turn. Attached refers.