Mark Hallam

Prospect - Proposal Form

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to produce a Proposal Form or SoF in prospect without having to create a record in Core?

Mark.

5 answers to this question

I’ve been asked this myself recently and don’t believe so (although Motorwriter is not my area of expertise on OGI). 

17 hours ago, Mark Hallam said:

Is it possible to produce a Proposal Form or SoF in prospect without having to create a record in Core?

Which line of business Mark?

MotorWriter works differently to Home/Truck/Bike

You can always create your own of course - for any LOB - but not sure if that's what you are asking?

Hi Mark,

It was for Motor or Home Insurance.

No it wasnt creating our own, this was producing the system derived documentation.

Hi Mark

Pretty sure Motor can be produced from APM - but Home needs a record in Core back office. It's the crazy world of OGI quirks I'm afraid - a result of some poor decision making a long while ago

If I'm off the mark, or there are some alternatives, I'm sure someone will post up some options

M

You might be able to do it via Brooms letters. I don't even know what system letter you mean.

One way to do it, is to append a frame onto the end of the Policy Amendment chain. The frame having a "Yes / No" field, from that trigger you can then use "INIT-LETTER" 

https://www.opengi.co.uk/support/onlineguides/#Subsystems/CoreSchemeToolkit/Creating_A_Diary_Entry_Using_WRITE-DIARY.htm

Frames and keywords for Motor Writer is here.

Edited by GremlinIT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I don’t believe so as very specific criteria has to be set each time a purge is ran (at least in Live). Purging also has separate stages e.g. you have to purge ledger & diary before an actual policy/client record can be removed.   For all I know there may be an overnight command for Prospect to purge quotes/prospects ‘marked for deletion’, however we review these first as anyone can press Esc K (and maybe doing so for the wrong reasons).   Bottom Line, I feel nervous purging when doing manually, I would not like the idea of records disappearing from the system each night etc.  Sorry, I’ve not been much help!
    • Hi I know there is a module in OGI for record purging is there any way that this can be automated does anyone know?. I am keen to have any information about this.    Regards Mar
    • Please find attached the Membership benefits for 2020 OGIUG Discounts 2020.pdf
    • Thank you Mark for the info I have logged it with OGI and they are looking at it.   
    • Hi Mar - and welcome to the Forum!   I think the issue is that the error message will be best investigated by OGI. I've never seen that one - but maybe some other live users may be able to assist. Other than checking the document filename / length of filename for the template and / or the trigger document - it would be best to log with OGI   Sorry I cant help - but sometimes its just a program error! - Oh - do check you are on the latest Vs of OpenSuite products - and especially ALL client software (each PC) is also upto date - that often causes random issues like this  (and OGI will say to check / upgrade as a first step anyway)   Let us know the outcome!