Why are we here ..... ×

Does anyone use 'xStream'?

MarkW

Question

We are looking at general upgrades and xStream has come up. My understanding is that most businesses use it to facilitate 2-way aggregator based calculations. I'm more interested in the statement on the fact sheet that says 'Enables marketing lists to be easily imported making the creation of records an automated process.'

Does anyone use it for this or any other applications, as it seems like to could be really useful - I just haven't completely worked out what for!

Thanks

Mark

5 answers to this question

Hi Mark,

We have deployed x-stream for one of our broker clients.  We created an application for their haulage clients whereby the Haulier logs in online to report any new accidents.  X-stream is used to import the new claim and create/update a claim record directly into the Open GI back office system.  Going forward we will be expanding the application to record fleet vehicle adjustments.  In essence x-stream can be used to import and export data and is especially useful when used in conjunction with Infocentre plus.  Hope this helps...

Trish G

Hi Mark

We use X-Stream as part of a bespoke development so we can create/update clients/policies en masse for bordereaux schemes e.g. we receive an excel sheet from broker with a month's worth of NB data and we run it straight into BROOMS via X-Stream to create the client/policy files.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Thanks for your responses. So I've been chatting to our office manager and have come up with the following ideas:

1) Automatically sending client data for breakdown and key care sales to the insco.

2) Automatically chasing client for mileage reading, agreed value, POB, licence etc and having a web portal for clients to input them via.

3) Creating APM records from marketing emailers sent out and responded to.

Looks like it could be a handy bit of kit.

Looks like it could be a handy bit of kit.

It can be very handy and one of the better things OGI have produced in recent years. I am not so keen on their pricing strategy i.e. charge per new record created in BROOMS which in effect means OGI are earning commission on every policy you write via this.....

There are a few "tools" that OGI have up their sleaves - you just need to know how to apply them / in the most cost effective way

Further to your other post - would be interested to see the list that amounts to £32k! - Some list - and some ROI / CBA for the business to swallow.