Database Enquiry Help

BUSH002

Question

Is there a keyword for tracing payments accepted on the system ?

I am looking to do a Database Enquiry which will find all transactions with an effective date after the 06/04/2015 where we received a payment towards the premium between the 07/04/2015 to 30/04/2015.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kind regards

Tim Bush

2 answers to this question

Hi Tim

Assume you're using Database Enquiry.

Try BTX.Pay.dt which is the date that payment is assigned to the transaction.

In DBE, if you're using Open-i, choose "Transactions".  On the Keyword choice, type BTX and TAB and it'll show you the BTX frame where the keyword appears at the top.

Hope that helps.

All the best

Marc

Hi Marc

Thank you very much for replying.

Yes I am using database enquiry, but are on the old Brooms version and not Open-i but that's not a problem.

Would you know the keyword for pulling off the amount paid, tried using BTX.samt but everything was £0.00. So if this makes sense it is the date and amount showing on a cashbook that I am looking to find and total up.

Best regards,

Tim Bush

• There will be issues whichever way - so you need to pick the right way for you at get it right first time.   In short - and from experience  on both sides - I'd say transfer now to your server, as separate branches. This may involve some logistics for connectivity (I don't know your set-up) but on the face of it - is better than running multiple servers and multiple business processes. You'll thank yourself in the long run   Moving / migrating / transferring / consolidating to one branch - on the same server - is far, far easier to manage once the data is on one platform. Trust me on this.
    • We were thinking to merge on our system but can well foresee a few issues 🙂  
    • not to any great extent so this shouldn't be a problem but thanks again  
    • Sorry Sandra - Are you planning to merge the branches on THEIR system - or merge and migrate to your server?   The first is as everyone has said above - the latter is potentially a whole new world of complexity - x 10!
    • Just thought, do you/they use Open Attach?