Open Word Help

alanbeams

Question

Hi , first post for me, hope I'm in the right place ??

There used to be a number of self employed consultants up and down the country who could assist with Brooms letters etc. Are there any similar experts for open Word ? I want to migrate my letter templates from Brooms to Open Word. But despite praying every night, it has not happened !?  I am not complying with the new FCA 'transparency' for consumer renewals and have reached the conclusion that I must pay someone to come in and assist me with the task as I think this will be more cost effective. Does any one know of any person who could assist ? Open Gi do not offer this service anymore.

I have in mind writing the basis of the letter (using Broker network templates etc) and then getting expert help with the formatting, keywords, calcs, 'if' clauses and making the letter live in back office.

Happy to pay a consultant or an expert from another brokerage to get me started, probably need a full day to start with - I am in Epsom.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Hi Alan - hope all is well at Grayside!

There are a few Consultants across the UK and I'm sure most will be able to assist. I've spent some time with a number of brokers recently in a similar position and if it's something I can help you with then happy to have an initial call to understand the details. I'll ping you an email with my contact info.

Thanks

Mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Hi Val - I've not heard this being an issue generally - very strange. OGI will be best to investigate. Would be good to know the outcome!!   Just a thought - is it only the extract / csv with the issue - or does the full printed report still not report these?  
    • Has anyone else come across this problem, we are getting quite a few cases where the renewal is not populating on the list.  OGI have been looking at this from the copy CSV lists we have sent them, but have not resolved this issue yet. 
    • Open GI Sanction Check Update!   Function shortfall now on the #OpenGI radar - watch this space! 
    • Partnership deals that are in the interests of Open-GI's profits and not the best infrastructure for their clients. HP - (30% returns from printers to servers when I worked for a HP partner. Haven't been pleasantly surprised with 6 more years of dealing with their hardware). Microsoft - Oh ook another 60 security holes and a zero-day (M$ product zero-days can only be fixed or mitigated by Microsoft) that has been actively exploited for over two months now. Sophos - Tavis Ormandy of Google's top security team, charitably wrote a 30 page paper, which concludes that the company was "working with good intentions" but is "ill-equipped to handle the output of one co-operative security researcher working in his spare time". Recently, they forced through Multi-Factor Authentication for their "cloud" management site (which has a really useless, coutnerintuitve and uninformative interface), that is completely useless in a ransomware take over, you could easily be left without access to your "cloud". They should implement physical keys if they are going to push for this, not software methods that can be taken over as part of an attack. 
    • The real question for Open GI is why is only 1 browser supported?   Why do you think that is?   10 points for each correct answer …