Why are we here ..... ×

Drag and Drop from Open Attach

Hazel Rees

Question

Hi All,

When using Open Attach, it's very easy to drag and drop an email over from Outlook into Open Attach but it doesn't work the other way around i.e Drag and drop a document FROM Open Attach into an email and, as far as I know, you can't copy and then paste it.  I know you could send docs to Open print manager and then construct email from there but it would be great if the drag and drop facility worked both ways.  Does anybody know if there are any plans on this?

1 answer to this question

Hi Hazel - hope you are well

I can't check in full right now - so perhaps someone else can provide a better answer - however ....

I do know that if you re-print the document to OPM (as you mentioned) then you are able to "copy" the file and paste to any application. You don't have to "construct" an email from there - just highlight the file, click copy and then it's ready to paste in to a new email.

There are more elegant solutions using additional tools from OGI - but the above should work fine

Hope this helps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Hi Claire,   We took on INVU back in 2008 and still use it today in its Virtual Cabinet guise. No issues with printing from VC whether that be to network printers or pdf and there are also options to send from VC to email which can be useful.    Overall, we remain very happy with VC so have seen no real advantage to move over to OpenAttach.   One little issue is we never managed to get the automatic indexing / filing of standard OGI/OpenWord letters and emails into VC. We just click a few buttons to file them manually.   Happy to chat through further if you wish - I will be at the Members day this coming Thursday    Darren
    • Hi @Clare Carter   I probably cant advise on day to day use / issues, but may be able to help although not sure of your question   Are you still on Virtual Cabinet (VC) and how are you trying to print on OGI - and what / where from   Also - I'm pretty sure there are minimal issues with transferring to OpenAttach - what are the concerns there?  
    • Just wondering if any of the current members have previously been using Virtual Cabinet, and which originally was Invu provided by Linden House.   It is only relatively recently that Open GI have come up with Open Attach but there is an issue in transferring data.   If anyone is still using Virtual Cabinet which evolved from Invu and Linden House, could they let me know whether they had any issues with Open GI and printing.    Thanks
    • Hi Andrew   I do have a copy - but you can get them / best to get latest copy from the support site - presumably you have a registered account??   Just go to the link here RMAR Reports and Spreadsheet   Any problems come back and let me know!
    • Hi   I am new to OGi and not sure how the system deals with the FCA required Client Money Calculation. A previous post mentioned a OGI PDF document detailing the reports to get the numbers and apparently there is a spreadsheet to input all the numbers as well.   Is anyone able to forward the PDF and spreadsheet or provide assistance please.   Thanks