AGM 2011 - New Format

Keeping it simple – a new format for our AGM

The format for our Annual General Meeting is changing this year - instead of combining it with a Members Day (with an exhibition, speakers and training etc.), the AGM will be held on a separate day :

• Date : Thursday 13th October 2011
  • Venue : Whitehouse Hotel, Worcester
  • Registration from 1.00pm - Formal AGM commences: 2.30pm
  • A free light buffet lunch will be provided for members who have pre-booked

By keeping the AGM separate, this will enable us to focus our efforts on organising a series of regional Members Days dedicated to training, speaker presentations, an exhibition, networking opportunities and anything else of interest to members. These are planned to start early on 2012 …. watch this space.

More details on the final arrangements for the AGM will be published on the Forum in the coming months.

• There will be issues whichever way - so you need to pick the right way for you at get it right first time.   In short - and from experience  on both sides - I'd say transfer now to your server, as separate branches. This may involve some logistics for connectivity (I don't know your set-up) but on the face of it - is better than running multiple servers and multiple business processes. You'll thank yourself in the long run   Moving / migrating / transferring / consolidating to one branch - on the same server - is far, far easier to manage once the data is on one platform. Trust me on this.
    • We were thinking to merge on our system but can well foresee a few issues 🙂  
    • not to any great extent so this shouldn't be a problem but thanks again  
    • Sorry Sandra - Are you planning to merge the branches on THEIR system - or merge and migrate to your server?   The first is as everyone has said above - the latter is potentially a whole new world of complexity - x 10!
    • Just thought, do you/they use Open Attach?