Green Cards and contacting Clients

NewLink

Question

Afternoon All, 

I assume, like me, you have begun to receive info from insurers relating to green car issuing for motor policies pre & post Brexit.  My question is, I assume I need to contact all with a motor policy and advise them that the EU coverage on their cert will possibly be invalid on their certs.

Is there a way that I can send a "Group" email mailshot to all clients (obviously observing GDPR) for those that have requested email cores. and a letter to each client that has preferred post?  What I am trying to get at is other than going into each clients diary page and manually requesting can the system do a group sending?

I have OA/OPM if that helps, do I need more software?  

This could also assist us with the "Newsletter" we are planning on sending later in the year as well.

Thanks

Steve

• Confused 1

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, NewLink said:

Afternoon All, 

I assume, like me, you have begun to receive info from insurers relating to green car issuing for motor policies pre & post Brexit.  My question is, I assume I need to contact all with a motor policy and advise them that the EU coverage on their cert will possibly be invalid on their certs.

Is there a way that I can send a "Group" email mailshot to all clients (obviously observing GDPR) for those that have requested email cores. and a letter to each client that has preferred post?  What I am trying to get at is other than going into each clients diary page and manually requesting can the system do a group sending?

I have OA/OPM if that helps, do I need more software?  

This could also assist us with the "Newsletter" we are planning on sending later in the year as well.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

You should be able to generate emails via Database Enquiry.

You would search with something like:-

bpy.ptype              Equal to   pc        
BPY.Term.date          Equal to             
BCM.Contactpref        Equal to   Email     

(Obviously add whatever parameters you need).

Then select the 'Generate letters/diary notes/memos/emails' option;

then 'Email Messages'

Once you have entered 'Subject' etc. you will have different options on how to create the email body, I use a Word template. Obviously before any of the above you will have to setup an appropriate OpenWord template.

Ideally for any batch printing/emailing you would use OpenDocumentCentre but dependant on the volumes you run at a time OPM should work. You will probably need to press 'send' on each email as they pop up though.

Disclaimer: Always be careful when doing anything en masse! Test with a small number of dummy policies first!  Remember, if you need any help with this - Mark Sollis is a consultant who offers such services.

Kind regards

Karl

• Like 1
On 01/03/2019 at 15:55, karl said:

Disclaimer: Always be careful when doing anything en masse! Test with a small number of dummy policies first!  Remember, if you need any help with this - Mark Sollis is a consultant who offers such services.

Hi Steve - Karl has pretty much covered what you need on this. (Thanks Karl - appreciate the Tag!) 

If you / anyone else needs assistance on this process or any general Open GI queries, feel free to get in touch here or via our web site

• Like 1